JOTT has chosen to favor the mixed filling of down (90%) and feather (10%) for the following reasons:
- Down has great insulating properties due to the air it can store. In fact, the air that circulates in the membranes of the feather and down is trapped and provides high-performance natural insulation by not letting the body's natural heat escape while being in the cold outside.
- The feather gives cohesion to the filling and standardizes the density of the down.
- For equal heat, natural down is lighter than synthetic down
- The swelling and insulating capacity of the down allows the down jacket to be ultra-compressible and not very bulky.
- JOTT nylon prevents feathers from escaping.